Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Letter to Mo (or Maureen) - Part 2


A Letter to Mo (or Maureen)  - Part 2
(In parts, my light-hearted story published in The Illustrated Weekly of India on September 7, 1969)

(Dear Mo,)
And mensioninng skirts and things I am remembring now the oh so peculyar sting. S-T-I-N-G in capital. Though ofcorse with my nose close with cold often I never used to bother much about sad fact. And havent mensioned before being as I said a gent hoping not to hurt your feelings, which now Im sure you do not have any the way you behave with me. (So oh God I say Im lucky to escape from a girl like that!!!)
You say in your letter and proudly like that this new boyfreind of your is like you S.S.C. pass and a clerk. One thing great about me is if something good happens to a girl who is or was a girlfreind of mine I always usaly feel happy. Just from my pure goodness of heart. But this about the new boyfriend Im sorry. Youre making a big mistake and Im sure you will regret. He is ejucated all right but most only thing he is superior is may be his spelings are more correck than mine. So be careful. Spelings dont make a good man I say.   
Kindly also forgive me for not enough comas in my letter. Comas are like my left hand. I cant use them. Any way not to worry your pretty head. You can tell new clerk boyfreind put them in.    (To be continued...)
*
Ms. Jagjit Daniel's novel Dreams of One Country. Story of how India Rises! (at present on Amazon; print publishing, movie etc. rights available): Set in the midst of historic national events is a great love story, a noble campaign for Humane Values, and the launch of united India's ascent...to join the world's elite developed nations!

***











No comments: