Monday, September 17, 2018

A Letter to Mo (or Maureen) - Part 1

A Letter to Mo (or Maureen)  - Part 1
(In parts, my humorous story published in The Illustrated Weekly of India on September 7, 1969)

Dear Mo.
Thank you for kind messej saying I am off and not your lover boy any more.
What you expect? That I will borrow gun from friend D'Souza and bang bang shoot my head all because of great love for you? Youre mistaken. Ofcorse. Because I'm not like chap Romio whom I read off only the other night in classics comics. I dont care.
Any way no use telling you about Romio because you think you are ejucated like (having done matric and know everything) and never read fine classics comics. But this I must mension youre not any Juliet. (Girl in above story).
You must be imagninng me sad and gloomy and like hell lonely my pillows wet with crying and what not, only youre so mistaken I laugh imagninng you imagninng. Ha ha ha to give you sample. You must know that I every time I go for haircut change my girlfriend. This being my own frase meaning how often. But I mean it and also not just Goan girls but also Anglos
Only Im really astonish like about you. Really. Knowing it seems you change boyfriend  every time you change skirt or something. (Notice how I never said brass etc. being a gent.)   
(To be continued...)

*
Ms. Jagjit Daniel's novel Dreams of One Country. Story of how India Rises! (at present on Amazon; print publishing, movie etc. rights available): Set in the midst of historic national events is a great love story, a noble campaign for Humane Values, and the launch of united India's ascent...to join the world's elite developed nations!

***



No comments: